Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Ayanami Raising Project (DC) English Translation Announcement

It can be done, I successfully edited text in a Dreamcast game. I didn't realize that you could translate Dreamcast games the same way as you do on the DS, this leaves alot of games open for translation. I translated some of the opening text as a test for this video and to see how the text would fold out, it appears smoothly compared to the choppy DS English text.
Kawai desu.
The only bad thing is that the text doesn't auto shoot onto a new line so I'll manually have to enter spaces. That is kinda bad as I will probably have to redo the pointers for that one, one task at a time. Anyway I plan to translate the Dreamcast version of the Ayanami Raising Project after the DS. It will be much faster that way so you Dreamcast fans will have something new to play in the future. I hope some people will be interested in a Dreamcast translation so thanks for reading and wish me good luck.

Romhacking Page

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you seem driven. Hopefully you'll be able to keep that drive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, finally picked up a Dreamcast after all these years. First thing I google is Evangelion Dreamcast games.. and found you. Any word on this project being completed? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all thanks for the Ds version translation, I am looking foward to play this on my Dreamcast, good luck with the project !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but I'm not TL'ing the Dreamcast version. This was ONLY a test.

      Delete
    2. I see, are you willing to translate any dreamcast game ?

      Delete