Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Magic Knight Rayearth 2nd: The Missing Colors English Translation Progress Update - 02/7/14

Ok here's that updated version of the 99% translation, im not sure if everything is done but I'll find out when people play through it. Im busy at the moment and can't do it myself, what hasn't been translated is the ending credits and that's about it. A name needs to be extended in the stats screen and one or two squishy letters, I tried that before but it ended up wrong so I didn't bother. I think that's all needs fixing but it's been months since I have glanced at the game, if you do perhaps run across anything please send me a screenshot so I can find it in the game. Thanks and have fun.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the updated release, it thanks to people like you that we can enjoy games that nobody ever saw fit to release outside of Japan! Is the IPS file at romhacking.net also updated? I intend to start playing through once I've finished Rayearth on the Saturn, if I encounter any oddities outside of what you've mentioned I'll let you know.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome and yea the one on romhacking is the same thing except as a patch file, you can't upload the roms directly to romhacking as they don't allow it. I want to save people time so I just think it's handier to have the translated rom, I don't really like all that ISP stuff.

      Delete
  2. I'll be checking this out as well. I'm curious in terms of the ending credits, are they stored differently or do they use a different compression method compared to the rest of the text? Is that why they are harder to do or did you just not have enough time to get round to them? Thanks for the file

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's editable exactly the same except their isn't enough room to change it into English, that requires text extension and currently I don't know how to do that. It involves command prompt and the like which again I don't know how to use, I remember trying months ago but failed miserably. I have put it off ever since and just worked around the restrictions such as rewording the sentences and stuff like that.

      Delete
  3. Oh I see, I wish I could lend you a hand but I'm useless at coding. As its just the credits its not a big deal - I just wondered why they were giving you trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, tried python coding before when modding M&B but man was that confusing. I do have the translation for the credits if your interested, I'll probably take a video of it and add youtube subtitles. That would be better than nothing, glad to see someone's interested in the MKR games.

      Delete