Monday, 8 September 2014

Higurashi When They Cry Season 1&2 coming to Blu-Ray

Great news for Higurashi fans, the first and second season are being released on blu-ray at the end of this year. I'm so excited, I can't wait. It was announced months back during the summer and recently they released a 15 and 30 second trailer a few days ago. I first noticed they were releasing it on blu-ray when I was checking out the Japanese Wikipedia page for info on the live action movie, that was a few weeks ago but I wasn't sure if it was real. At least now I can say it is, and oh yea! I've always wanted the series on blu-ray, more so the first season than the second, sad though that it took so long but I'm glad they are releasing it. Albeit at 36,500 yen each, ouch for anyone, if any, trying to import it. I wonder if they may make something new afterwards, keeping my fingers crossed for possibilities. This year we have had Hou, and now the first and second season on blu-ray. They can't just leave the series dead in the water so something must come of this, maybe a new OVA adapting some of the manga arc's. Now that would be awesome, or something like Outbreak the other year except done right and with a budget. No more Pachinko machine companies, you hear me. They also seem to be doing some sort of promotion and screening it at a threatre, or at least I think so.
Anyhow I'll link the 2 trailers at the bottom so spread the word, the first season will be released on November 6th, and the second on December 3rd. Get to it people!

Blu-ray BOX 30 Second CM
Blu-ray BOX 15 Second CM


1 comment: