Thursday, 12 March 2015

Terra Formars Manga Scanlation Update - 12th March 2015

Okay, I've got some bad news and I've got some good news. I'll start off with the bad. It seems the Spanish are waiting until display; none put out their volume release of Terra Formars before continuing the chapters, and said its because they want to translate the few extra pages that comes with it. That said, I'm guessing that'll be many weeks, a months time or maybe even longer from now. I know that sucks, but there's nothing I can do about it. Unless, I continue the chapters myself, which would involve painfully typing up the kanji and airbrushing. Or, if I manage to get myself a redrawer to do the latter for me, I could just gather the kanji, typeset and translate, which would help speed things up, so this is a potential option. Also, I would say I could contact the Chinese group which the Spanish used as a base for their scanlation, as they airbrushed/redrew that instead of the magazine scans, but Chinese groups are not known for their generosity, so they would probably decline or not respond at all. But, couldn’t hurt to try. I’ll try and find some form of contact in the meantime.

Anyway, now the good news. I will also be translating that special released back last September. I've already typed up all the Spanish text, so all that's left to do is translate, airbrush and typeset. And that’s really everything I wanted to say. Leave a comment to share your thoughts, and I'll see you next time.

10 comments:

  1. oh noooo, T.T.
    well, thanks for your effort

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's disappointing, but at least they'll continue once displaynone releasea translated volume 12. Thanks for the scans though, looking forward to it.

    Hope it goes well with the searching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found out about your work. I'm sorry for being so slow. You're a passionate guy so I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from.

    By the way, I'm not upset about "competition." On the contrary, I think it's cool that there's more people who care enough about this shit to spend all their time on it. We all have our preferences. I happen to prefer quality and consistency over speed. Don't project the Batoto comments as my own opinion. I can't say I wasn't a tiny bit miffed to find out that the effort for this has been quietly duplicated all this time (it only took my entire spring break for volume 12), but I'm not going on some kind of ego trip denouncing all alternate releases as blasphemous and an insult to my existence.

    There's room for both of us. So there's no reason to be upset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really disappointed at your speed. Terra Formars isn't your only scanlation, after all. Anyhow, both our translations are different takes on the same work, with one being more literal and slightly stilted I will admit, and the other with better flow in the English language. That said, I'm not upset at anything for the most part, only originally where the people on Batoto got kinda pissed when they heard I was continuing this series, so none of that was aimed at you guys.

      Although I don't like the fact people call mine "speed scans" just because I put out a chapter at a time, because I'm not rushing anything and I do put effort into it. But in the end, nobody owns any series or can call dibs. So I don't see you as competition, either. As many different groups can work on anything. Anyhow, thanks for taking your time to post here.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, part of that was aimed to the general public because the #1 complaint I get is "fuk u lazy piece of shit y u no release faster". I made my decision on that (99% of the time spent is really waiting for tanks to be published) and I want to retain consistency.

      But yeah. Just letting you know that those angry people are safe to ignore.

      Delete
    3. Ouch, I'm guessing you get that alot. Anyhow, I appreciate your work, and I'm gonna link your volume release here in my next Terra Formars post if that's ok with you. It's just a little courtesy, and I wouldn't want your work to be in vain, either.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. er, that was supposed to be a reply, but whatever.

      Delete
    2. Pearse Hillock and moshee i just want you to thanks for your work, and why don't work together for the same project (ex terraformars), and anyway i will read both your translation.

      sorry for my text level i m french :)

      Delete
    3. Well, two things, really. First, we both have a different style of translating, and second, I don't work in groups. I'm more of a lone wolf when it comes to things like this.

      Delete