Thursday, 30 April 2015

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Girlfriend of Steel 2nd Progress Update - 30th April 2015

Things have been going pretty good. I've done up until the part where you take a picture of Asuka, Rei, Kaworu and also the character routes before it, too. Also, if you didn't notice, I also uploaded two videos of gameplay not long ago so check those out if you're interested. I'll drop links at the bottom of this post.

Anyway, what is interesting is that your route choices have a small after effect later in the game, giving you some variation other than the direct route scenes and such if you replay the game. However, I guess that is kinda granted for a game like this but it's still nice to see. Also, I'll give you an example. After you arrive at AEL, change into your plug suit and meet the other characters like Asuka and Kaworu, who you meet and what is said changes depending on whom you chose to go with. Asuka complains you made her go alone, Kaworu acts gay, and Rei annoys Asuka.
Now, onto the meat. The God of the New World, our lord and savior Toku-san. Jokes aside. This guy is kinda creepy. At first, he appears to Shinji on his way to school, and when you cross over to the convenience store, he follows you. Then, when you cross back over the pedestrian bridge, he follows you again and asks, "do you like animals?". Creepy. What's next, "have you ever seen a grown man naked?". Furthermore, he appears again during break/lunch time at school (and later in the game as well) and comments on the many "beautiful, young ladies". Did I mention he's old? Like oji-san old. Also, for those who don't know who this beast is, he's the owner of the Big Apple Diner (which appears in GOS2, too) from GOS1.
That said, I'd just like to comment on the quality of the voice acting. It is overall a good effort, but it does get a little stale at times with their voices sounding very tiresome. Mainly the main cast, though. The side characters and such like Toku-san are always enjoyable to hear. Also, get a load of Misato at 1:29 in the second video. That got a chuckle out of me. Furthermore, the graphics in the game are seriously lacking and downright terrible at times. I expected better. Not Ryukishi 07 photoshop filtered backgrounds half the time. Anyway, I just wanted to mention those few things, but if you've got any questions, then fire away. Otherwise, until next time.

Videos

P.S. 
If anyone wants me to mention or talk about anything specific next time or anytime for that matter, then just ask.

2 comments:

  1. I have watched both parts of this previews and I am hooked! I guess I am easily interested in games such as this but I got a few questions: Are you working on this with a translator by your side? I remember that you had to solo it up with Ayanami Rei Raising Project before (Although its still easily playable). Oh and how long is this game?

    Love your work and I am very grateful for the Ayanami Raising Project game! (Asukas is so fun!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that is what I'm doing. Though, I have improved significantly since ARP NDS, and use multiple sites and an online dictionary to improve accuracy. Also, I'm unsure but this game is probably about 6-8 hours (?) long.

      Delete