Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hou & Rei English Translation Update

I've been thinking recently. My translation of Hou leaved a lot to be desired, so I'll be touching it and Rei both up sooner or later since I want to get a few other things out of the way before I do just that. That said, I'll also remove those stupid untranslated JP words like nakama and bakemono, since I wasn't totally thinking straight when I did Hou. However, I have improved very much since then so I just want to ensure that people get the best experience out of the story. Also, I kinda forgot to create a variation of my translation for Rei with less JP words and all so I'll add that to the list. Furthermore, that variation will feature all honorifics stripped (unlike Hou's), translated arc titles and stuff like that. Though, that version will only be recommended for those who may not like or enjoy honorifics while reading, much like manga. While on the other hand, the main translation that I, myself prefer, will keep all the honorifics, original titles, bla bla bla, so not much will change there. Lastly, I mentioned before that I would be doing a Matsuri patch for Rei, though Gura advised me not to since Sui was coming out. However, if you've been following the 4chan thread, then you know that things didn't not turn out so well. The sprites haven't been ripped and neither have the backgrounds, both due to the Umineko tools not working on the games files, except for sound and music. 

That said, I doubt much is missing from the existing Matsuri assets to create a graphics patch for Rei, so I'll try my best and find something to replace the certain backgrounds that may not have a counterpart. Anyhow, the guy behind the French translation of Hou created a sprite for both of Keiichi's parents. Though, what you see below may not be their final design, as he has been testing with eyes, too. Thanks for reading, and have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment