Sunday, 24 May 2015

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Girlfriend of Steel 2nd Progress Update - 24th May 2015

I've been kinda busy and not really interested in doing a progress update for GOS2, hence why this one took a while. It's not that my interest of progress with translation has waned or anything, just that I'm lazy for lack of a better term. Anyhow, progress has been going really well. So much that I'm already over the halfway mark in terms of text file size to go, and I'm only at the brim of finishing chapter 2. Now, I won't dribble like I did with my progress updates with ARP with Britney Spears references and the like, so I'll try and cut to the chase. I've done a lot so fuck off. Oh, sorry. That said, I really do like the small encounters with the characters in the game. Meeting Maya, Aoba, Fuyutsuki, Hyuga and the like in and around New Kichijoji. Maya teases Shinji about a date, Aoba fails to buy a replica Dizzy Gillespie trumpet, Fuyutsuki becomes obsessed with shogi, and Hyuga builds a full tower style PC on a coffee table in a cafe. The events just aren't that, but the rest is for you to see for yourself. When I finish the translation that is. Though, I'll be putting out the entirety of chapter 1 as a demo of sorts for testing purposes, and to serve as a taster of what the full game will offer. I don't know when since there are a few things here and there I want to fix up first, but it'll be sooner or later so keep a lookout for it.
GOS2 is weird
That said, I may also need beta-testers in the future to further spot check, find typo's, playtest, yada yada yada, so I'll just do a very open private beta of 10-30+ people before finalising the translation whenever it enters the final stage. Anyhow, I also recorded about an hour more of gameplay so I'll link the playlist here for those interested. The new videos are parts 3-6, FYI. Now, I don't really have anything else to say, so God speed, until text time and baby got back.

No comments:

Post a Comment