Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Batoto Goes Private

Recently, it seems that Batoto has decided among other things to go private to prevent leacher sites from taking and mirroring their content. Now, a good bunch of people are really pissed off at this but I myself don't see the problem. Just get yourself an account and you'll be sorted for the rest of your browsing history on the site. Nuff said. It's just like exhentai/sadpanda, just get yourself an account and everything will be fine. 

However, I do understand why people would be pissed at this sort of event seeing how the appeal of read online sites are their ease of access. So, most people will probably just use a different site than Batoto to get their manga fix. Meaning the sites they directly oppose. Because they "will" get their content one way or another. Either directly from scanlator homepages, or simply copying and pasting their images. Also, many people see logins as a major bother and would rather wait, so there's that to consider as well. So, in reality, while this may be an annoyance/deterrence to sites like mangafox and mangapark, they'll eventually work around it through other means.

Anyhow, I'm not bothered by this event so it doesn't exactly affect me seeing how firstly, I myself don't mind logging in and secondly, I upload to not just Batoto. I'll still be uploading to the site, and using it. Though, FYI, just for the record, I do upload directly to mangafox to get stuff out there since I'm more about ease of access (PDF reader accessible by anyone for example) to get as many people to read it as possible, and stuff like that. All said and done, anyone who comes on here got any anything to add or want to make a comment on what's happening with Batoto? Go right ahead. If not, see you next time. Bye!

P.S. - You can read the post about it on Batoto itself here.

No comments:

Post a Comment