Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Kyochuu Rettou (The Island of Giant Insects) Chapter 2 English Translation v1.5

Glad to finally get this out. Took quite a while to typeset due to the different amount of fonts that I had to use, and the shit ton of SFX that I had to translate and lookup. Damn. I do like doing the SFX since it makes reading manga more immersive, but at the same time it gets real annoying when there is A LOT of 'em to do. Either or, the effort IS worth it so I'm not too annoyed everytime I have to do something like this. That said, I know that I do all the SFX for this and that I more or less never did any for Terra Formars, but that was weakly and I had to commit to a release every so often so just not doing 'em took a load off my back. Then again, most SFX in Terra Formars or at least half of 'em are self-explanatory. Anyway, back to Island of the Giant Fuck Maggots. 

Now, it was nice to see that people out there enjoyed the first chapter, but at the same time it was very odd to see people expecting boner material and giant bugs with nonexistent 4 meter cocks raping high school girls... oh yeah. I mean, pigmen, goblins, ogres and stone golems are fine with me, but bugs? That's just wrong, dude. Jokes aside, I seriously hope people out there aren't expecting to see giant bugs with 30 inch whoppers because I will be extremely weirded out if so. Ahem. Anyway, on to the actual chapter at hand. I'm liking where the story is going so far and while it isn't the most entertaining story ever told, it is enough to keep your attention and I think that's what counts. And the odd page of fanservice doesn't hurt, either. A bonus.

That said, I hope you guys will enjoy this chapter as it did take me quite a while to do. Typesetting alone was over an abysmal 6 hours with SFX placement, getting everything sized and positioned right, correct font usage, and practically everything involved. It's an exhausting process, really. Furthermore, I'm not the best at redraw or airbrushing so hopefully the text placements cover that sort of thing up nicely and nobody will notice. Not that anybody would mention if it did. Just sayin'. And lastly, translating is another big one, but there's no real need for me to rant on that since I'm sure nobody's interested so I think I'll end things here. Enjoy the chapter, and I hope you will eagerly anticipate the next chapter of Kyochuu Rettou. See ya!


P.S. - Terra Formars Rain Hard coming next! Can't wait myself. I wonder what it details. Also, just FYI, it is a web manga so the art may not be up to standard. You'll see what I mean when I get it out. Anyhow, I'm excited because there are at least three different language groups translating Kyochuu Rettou from my TL now. Got in contact with 'em and are sharing my PSD's. Exciting, isn't it? FYI, it's Thai, Spanish and Brazilian.

Update 17th July 2016
Updated to volume scans. Links updated. Enjoy.

1 comment: