Sunday, 29 November 2015

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Girlfriend of Steel Special Edition Progress Update - 29th November 2015

Meh. It has been a while since I last did a progress update for GOSSE so I might as well get off my ass and do one. Now, I'll try not to bore on forever so I'll do my best to keep this short. That said, you'll be happy to hear that I finished translating the games main script not long ago, and also near finished bug fixing and play testing most of the game as well. Neat stuff, because there's not much left to do other than to translate the 2/3 of the new scenes and new ending that's left to do and the rest of the fixing and play testing. Yippee! At my current rate, I should have it out by Christmas.
At any rate, there's also a few TL things that I'd like to mention. First, the previous TL team translated "child soldier" as "junior member" for some reason even though the JP says child soldier. What went wrong there? Anyway, I'll leave the line below so you can see the difference. Original above and mine below.
I'm a junior member of the military assigned to observe the daily life of Shinji Ikari, the pilot of Eva Unit 01.
I'm a child soldier of the military assigned to observe the everyday life of Ikari Shinji, the pilot of Eva Unit-01.
Lastly, they TL'd Cozy Corner as Koji Corner. But, I guess they listened to the dialogue and couldn't understand what Asuka was really saying. It was in English and the Japanese aren't very good at speaking it so that's understandable. Also, FYI, Cozy Corner is a pastry shop in Japan so that scene was kinda a reference of sorts to it, and them getting it wrong kinda took away from that. Just sayin'. Now, there hasn't been much stuff they got wrong for the most part since it's more of a play on words and the like. And that's more or less all I want to say for now. See ya!

1 comment:

  1. Word play man. I might have felt for that one, line and sinker myself.

    ReplyDelete