Friday, 27 November 2015

Terra Formars Gaiden: Rain Hard Chapter 2 English Translation

Okay, to be brief, I don't want to partner with those other guys on this anymore. They're taking way too long (cleaning and redraw mostly) and they're asking me to deliver translation and typesetting to them, not them just giving me the clean and then putting it out. Understandable, but that's not how I want to run things. I do everything on my own for the most part, and I do not want to be held hostage like that. The translation and typesetting are the two biggest things that go into scanlation and no way in hell am I giving that to people I don't even trust. Then again, that works both ways so I kinda understand why they wouldn't just send me the clean. But! They were looking to put out their own TL alongside mine and I presume it would have something to do with mine being giving to them first. See what I mean? There's no real assurance what'll happen and I know that's just me being pessimistic, but I'd rather not risk something like that.

Anyhow, now that I got that out of the way, let's talk about Rain Hard. Now, there's isn't really much to say other than a few lines were awkward to translate, and I even ran 'em by a friend just to be sure. And, since I'll be working by myself on RH, you won't have to wait a month plus for the next chapter. Yay! And, I translated Rosa's "Ado-kun" to Ado dear" since just Ado seems a bit awkward. Also, just wondering but is there any interest in me doing that Asimov spin-off by Boichi? It's looks odd, but it might be at least entertaining. All said and done, hope people won't get too triggered by the credits page. Hee hee hee. Umm, bye!

P.S. - I still used the transcribe they gave me for this chapter. Also, some JP was missing so I had to do those small parts myself, FYI. That's why I get a little credit for that, too.

Update
Oops. Left a box blank on page 23. Silly me. Fixed now.

4 comments:

  1. Please do the Boichi one and please keep up with the triggerings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im triggered. now someone have to tell me the source ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    ReplyDelete