Saturday, 16 January 2016

Kyochuu Rettou (The Island of Giant Insects) Chapter 6 - Part 2 English Translation

Hey yo Captain Jack. Bring me back to the railroad track. Gimme a gun in my hand, I want be a shootin man. Left, right, left. The military step. The air force rap. The seventeenth's the best. Go... left, go right, go pick up the step, go left, go right, go left.
Now on to my actual post with TL notes this time. Yippee! It's been a while since I actually talked about this shit. First, hentai crabs. Originally, it just said ero crabs but that read like crap so I just went with hentai crabs which isn't far from what it's trying to get across. Second, eaten out. Now, it just said eaten but it can also be used in a sexual way like how I did. That, and it fits with the whole hentai crab thing. Third, the "everyone, get on top of the beds" line. This was a bit odd because it literally said chair/stool but I presume they just used those characters since they're a low level object to sit on, so I went with bed since they're not standing on chairs or stools. That, and it makes more sense. Fourth, when Kai tells the gang to "watch the Class rep so that her feet don't touch the floor". Again, another odd line because it said freaking corridor when that makes no fucking sense. He's talking about the floor so I went with the fucking floor. Fifth, just to clarify, yes Mutsumi does say "Didose". Moving on. Lastly, the writer spelt Portunus Trituberculatus as portunus tritubero ulatus in the JP version and that's not the first time he's done this. Sheesh. Some people. And that's me. Hope you all enjoyed that block of text, the chapter and the credits page. See ya next time on crab rape island! Bye! Go... left, go right, go pick up the step, go left, go right, go left.

No comments:

Post a Comment