Monday, 31 October 2016

[ANIME] Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart Ep01 [720p]

Since Max Heart was hardsubbed, I thought that I might as well softsub it on the side (very slowly might I add), but I wanted to go through the episode and see how the translation was, and I noticed that there was a lot of mistranslations and inaccuracies both for the actual episode and the OP& ED. Now, it is a 10 year old fansub so I'll give them a break. Then again, standards have changed over the years.

Anyhow, since there was a bunch of errors and such, I might as well retranslate it. However, because of the former, I might as well start at Futari wa because I'm guessing it's much more the same. To add on that, I even noticed inaccuracies when I did the manga chapters and compared them to the anime episodes. Anyway, there isn't even raw torrent encodes of Max Heart alive on the net as they were all dead or removed, even on Japanese sites.

However, after a long search, I finally found a clean source, oddly a Chinese 720p upscale on some online server file storage thing (which I won't be sharing). In any case, it looks good enough so that's what I'll be using. But, don't expect me to be quick on this at all. It'll be a side project and I'll put out whenever I feel like it so don't expect a schedule. Other than that, enjoy the episode. Until next time. See ya!


1 comment:

  1. On the slim chance you ever come back to read this, quick question: why in the hell did you include the n-word? Did you think it was cool, edgy humor to stick the most offensive word in the English language in a sub of a kids show instead of literally any other translation choice?

    Related: why did you drop the word "Fuck" in the Max Heart movie?

    You claim to be improving the Arienai releases but then you go and throw in wildly inappropriate word choices. Make it make sense.

    ReplyDelete