Thursday, 3 March 2022

End of Service Announcement

Hi there. For those of you still following anything I do, I'm sure you've noticed the complete lack of activity these past months. Well, there's a reason for that. My personal life has simply overwhelmed almost all my free time and it has just taken away any motivation I previously had for scanlation. Yes, life is good. Too good in fact. I could go into it as it began in October last year and quickly developed, but maybe another time. However, this means I don't have time to work on any series that I used to last year such as Devilman Saga and Kyochuu Rettou. Simply put, I've abandoned them and it's probably for good. I've just moved on from this stage in life and I know there was people reading them, but it honestly can't be helped. I'm sorry to disappoint because I know it's very unlikely anyone else will pick them up. That said, I did appreciate those who did follow and read no matter how few as it helped me keep going over the years. I'd like to thank all of you. But now, I must bid you all farewell. FYI, I'm still active, just not in scanlation or anime in general so I'm still around. Stay safe out there, people.

37 comments:

  1. Thanks for everything over the years, I'm sad that this mean we're never gonna see the end of Devilman Saga, but It's nice to see someone quit because life became "too good" for once. Have a nice one man

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where can readers get the raw pages of Dai Kyochuu Rettou? Hope to read those and convince some people to carry on scanlating them. Last chapter is a total cliffhanger...

      Delete
    2. Apparently, another group is picking Saga up so there is hope. There just isn't raws past volume 10.

      Delete
    3. Which group is picking Saga up?

      Delete
    4. Do you know which group it is?

      Delete
  2. You will be missed :)

    Thanks for everything! Your scanlations have been much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all your hard work. I will miss your translations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodbye for now and thankfully it does not end with a suicide threat or bankruptcy/becoming homeless post for once. I always feel like anime fandom is a never-say-never affair though and maybe we'll see you again. Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for all these years of work, I religiously followed your scanlations, they will be missed, but the most important thing is to be happy with your personal life, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much!
    I've been for a long time to look for Devilman Saga. Because of your translation,I could know about the story of the good manga .
    I'll miss you!Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you man, you've done a lot of work for this community. I wish you well with your personal life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. damn, I found you while looking for English versions of girlfriend of steel. although you have been gone awhile, I want to thank you for everything you have left behind for me to read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sad to hear that. Wish you the best, and thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gods speed from modder to scanlator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shucks. I'm surprised somebody actually remembers that stuff. Thanks.

      Delete
  11. @xPearse
    Where can readers get the raw pages of Dai Kyochuu Rettou? Hope to read those and convince some people to carry on scanlating them. Last chapter is a total cliffhanger...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The raws were only on the online reader which you had to rip. The company removes chapters as more are released so unless somebody save them, it's dead in the water. That, or the digital volumes are an option but somebody has to buy them obviously.

      Delete
    2. I found a website of raw pages of dai kyochuu. although i don't know if I could paste it hear

      Delete
    3. I have the raws upto to latest chapter but sadly no one wants to pick up the translation.

      Delete
    4. I see. that's unfortunate.

      Delete
  12. You translated Eva games that I never thought I'd be able to play. You are awesome, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the translations!

    I'm currently reading your work in Kyochuu Rettou and find the end credits more entertaining than the series itself!

    Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for all the Hitoshi Tomizawa stuff you translated! Hope things go well in your future! Do you still accept donations?? If so I'll se if I can throw some money your way for all the stuff I read. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do. There's a donate button in the top right. Also, I'm glad somebody appreciates the Tomizawa manga. They were really fun and interesting like the majority of his works.

      Delete
  15. You did well. Thank you for your effort.
    Kyochuu Rettou is still fun for me.
    In the mean time I've read manga with similar setting, Cage of Eden.
    I recommend both.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No biggie, Devilman Saga sucks anyway. j/k, thank you for everything dude

    ReplyDelete
  17. you did will. Damn shame you ended Dai Kyochuu Rettou on a cliffhanger

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just went through what you had up of Terraformars. I get that project is ancient, 7 years old. I only saw the anime adaptations a couple years ago and Adolf and his particular story got me hooked (the anime really did him nicely) and you had the best progress on the series, read it through myeh.

    Now that I got to the end I had to find your scanlator credit. I didn't know if you were still working or what...but I guess that is all.

    I got a kick out of your notes at the bottom and it felt like a huge labor to scanlate something so niche...but I appreciate what you did do even though I was too late to the party.

    If you know anyone who picked it up I'd love insight. Otherwise, enjoy the victory lap man. Live the good life.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm currently reading 5001-nen Yakuza Wars, thanks for your work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anybody has the raw scans of DEVILMAN SAGA? I'd like to translate the rest of the manga, but I can only find the first 8 volumes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks a lot for all the translations of Alien Nine and Hitoshi Tomizawa!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WE TRUST YOU. LONG LIVE TO XPEARSE

    ReplyDelete