I was recently asked by wakabayashy (who I've worked with before on some things) to typeset the TL of Gekiman which he paid someone (don't know who) to translate at $15 per volume. However, while that is pretty good (and exceedingly low in contrast to the time and effort required to do such an act), I still have to proofread the script and fix up the wording at bits especially given that there are lines like "my work was a big trouble", "I will continue to protect Miki from demon's hand", and "You always sketch in cafe?" and that there was two untranslated boxes which I had to do myself in the first chapter. Furthermore, while it was kinda cleaned up and levelled already, I still had to level it slightly and attempt to fix the awfully over brightened color pages which I'll give up an example of below.
At any rate, my complaints aside, I'm very grateful that wakabayashy paid some guy to do this because it most likely never would have been scanlated. Not that I blame anyone (myself included) for not taking it on since it's rather boring, text heavy and not interesting for the most part. I mean, anyone would rather work on something else or something with an actual story. That said, do remember that this is a "fictional autobiography" of Devilman's creation and events surrounding it. That's not to say there isn't a fiber of truth to any of this, but let's not say that it's all fact. Anyhow, take what you will from it, but this will be another side project from me as I really need to finish off Yumihari volume 02 and make a start on both Getter Edge and Armitage volume 02. All said and done, do enjoy. See ya!


Any progress on vol 6-8 of Devilman Saga?
ReplyDeleteIf you've been reading my blog posts, you'd know that I've put it on hold to work on other things. I'll probably resume working on it early next year if things go well.
Deletewakabayashy here, thanks a lot ! :)
ReplyDelete