And that was the end of Jubei. Well, it was a good manga overall, but it severely lacks any sort of word-building, recurring characters, character development and the like. Of course, it's just an action/comedy manga, so all that stuff isn't really necessary, but something of the sort could have benefitted the manga. Anyhow, I did like the first two volumes more, but the 3rd was still good. And it was nice to see where Tomizawa started before going on to Alien 9 like 5 years later especially given how different the two works are.
Lastly, the TL by CPM (which I had to fix a good bit to make it more accurate to the source) was serviceable, but if you've been reading my posts, you'd see that they made certain inappropriate TL choices. On that, they even messed up the Crimson Shield's nickname by calling it the "immortal shield" even though what that part is trying to get across is that Jubei is now immortal and will live forever, so "shield of immortality" or "shield of perpetual youth" (both of which are the accurate translation) makes more sense in that regard. Anyway, I complain a lot, so let's end that here. Thank those of you who actually read this because I do know that there are a few. I hope you enjoyed it. As for other Tomizawa works, well, I do plan on doing Enchant Land sooner or later, but first, I've got to make a start on Armitage The Third volume #2 and Getter Edge volume #3. Oh, and more Gekiman. Bai bai!
Lastly, the TL by CPM (which I had to fix a good bit to make it more accurate to the source) was serviceable, but if you've been reading my posts, you'd see that they made certain inappropriate TL choices. On that, they even messed up the Crimson Shield's nickname by calling it the "immortal shield" even though what that part is trying to get across is that Jubei is now immortal and will live forever, so "shield of immortality" or "shield of perpetual youth" (both of which are the accurate translation) makes more sense in that regard. Anyway, I complain a lot, so let's end that here. Thank those of you who actually read this because I do know that there are a few. I hope you enjoyed it. As for other Tomizawa works, well, I do plan on doing Enchant Land sooner or later, but first, I've got to make a start on Armitage The Third volume #2 and Getter Edge volume #3. Oh, and more Gekiman. Bai bai!


No comments:
Post a Comment